They say Gratitude is the Best Attitude. Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is upon us, it’s time to tame the stress and focus on what’s truly positive in our lives. Creating a daily gratitude routine creates miracles in your life! Expressing gratitude gives you more energy and optimism. By focusing more on the gifts in your life, you start focusing less on what you don’t have and your problems don’t seem as bad. Depression is replaced with determination and the world around you seems more inviting and caring.
A Gratitude Altar
There are many ways to create a daily gratitude practice. An altar is a personal and expressive way to show your appreciation. Suggested items for your altar:
- Pictures of loved ones
- Crystals such as rose quartz and tiger eye as they both enhance feelings of gratitude
- 7 Day White, Gold or Green Candle anointed with gratitude oil or bergamot oil or a Peace & Wisdom Candle
- Statues or pictures of Saints, Angels or Orishas that you connect with
- Flowers, leaves, acorns and any other item from nature
- Sage or incense like Jasmine, Rose or Lavender.
Spend 5-10 minutes everyday in meditation and prayer at your altar. Start your ritual by focusing on your breathing and relaxing your body. Set your intention of paying gratitude and opening yourself up to abundance and happiness. Take time to acknowledge the people, things and experiences in your life that you truly appreciate.
A Gratitude Grid
Crystals are a useful tool in your gratitude practice. Stones such as Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Tiger Eye and Aventurine help connect with your subconscious to bring out feelings of gratitude. These crystals open up your heart chakra and help you connect to your higher self.
How to create a grid:
- Write down all that you are grateful for. Be sure to list not only people and things but also experiences that have brought you joy. Fold in half and place it in the center of the grid.
- Place Rose Quartz on top of your list in the center.
- Create a circle around the Rose Quartz with Aventurine.
- Add six Amethyst points, pointing out from the circle.
- Create another circle around the points with Aventurine.
Place the grid anywhere in your home where you can spend time reflecting on your blessings.
Oils for Gratitude
Diffusing or wearing oils is one of the easiest ways to boost your moods and experience joy.
- Jasmine Oil helps attract positive energy. It’s uplifting and helps with expression of love.
- Clary Sage is calming and helps ease depression. You express gratitude better when you are feeling happy, so this is a perfect oil to use.
- Rosemary Oil helps enhance your memory making it easier to remember what you are thankful for.
By reflecting on what you are thankful for on a daily basis, you manifest a happier and healthier life! Gratitude is truly the gift that keeps on giving!
Communicating with departed ancestors, angels, and spirit guides is an excellent way to get wisdom and advice. It can offer you a new perspective on your situation, or help you consider angels that you have not thought of. There are many ways to communicate with spirits, and every lightworker or magic practitioner has their own [...]
Most people recognize Halloween as a holiday where children dress up in costumes and ask for candy, but it did not always look that way. Jack o' lanterns were originally carved turnips, not pumpkins, and costumes were not always intended to be funny or sexy. Many of the "traditional" Halloween mascots -- like witches, vampires, [...]
Stones and crystals are commonly used in magic for one simple reason: they work! There are many different ways to use these energetic powerhouses, from holding them, to wearing them, to keeping them on your altar space. One of the most powerful ways of using crystals is by creating a crystal grid. What is a crystal [...]
Starting or returning to school can make anybody anxious. Not only does it break your summer routine, it means you have to go through quizzes, tests, and reports again. Even the best student can use a little boost to help ease their way through the school year, and there are spiritual measures to help improve [...]
Horseshoes are a common and easy to recognize symbol for luck. Historically, they have been used to "store up" good fortune, shower it down on people, and keep away negative influences. While many people are familiar with the practice of [...]
You've created a spell, performed the ritual, and sit back and wait for the results. And wait. And wait. After awhile, you start to wonder -- is it possible that my working failed? What does it mean if it doesn't work? A big part of letting magic work is going forward with the absolute faith that [...]
So much planning goes into a ritual, but what happens afterward? Many people find that, once the work is complete, the circle is closed, and the candles are snuffed, they are at a loss for what to do. Coming down from energy raising and disposing of candles and other materials is just as important as [...]
Some of the most popular and widely-requested spells center around money. It is no secret that the less we have to worry about financial issues, the easier life is. Without the daily concerns of finding a job, paying rent and making a monthly car payment, our stress levels would decrease dramatically. There are a ton of [...]